Here are a few facts about our health care ministry:
- Advocate is the largest health system in Illinois. Our faith based, not- for-profit health system is based in Downers Grove, Illinois.
- Advocate has the largest emergency and Level I Trauma network in Illinois.
- Advocate treats more pediatric patients than any other hospital or system in the state, and more people trust their hearts to Advocate than to any other hospital or system in the state. Additionally, Advocate diagnoses and treats more cancer than any other hospital or system in Illinois. These numbers are important because health research shows there is a positive relationship between the number of procedures performed and quality outcomes.
- Advocate offers more than 400 sites of care, with 12 acute-care hospitals, including a children’s hospital with two campuses and the state’s largest integrated children’s network.
- Advocate is recognized among the best places to work in Illinois. We are one of Chicagoland’s largest employers with more than 35,000 associates, including 6,300 affiliated physicians and 11,000 nurses.
- Advocate has one of the largest home health companies in the state.
- Six Advocate hospitals have earned Magnet Recognition from the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC) including, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital and Advocate Sherman Hospital. Magnet status represents hospital-wide teamwork and dedication to creating a positive environment, which helps attract the best physicians and nurses, resulting in better overall care for our patients.
- In 2016, two Advocate Health Care hospitals, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, were named among the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics.
- Advocate Health Care has the state’s largest physician network of primary care physicians, specialists and sub-specialists.
- Advocate has academic and teaching affiliations with all major universities in the Chicago Metropolitan area. Our four teaching hospitals include Advocate Christ Medical Center, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and Advocate BroMenn Medical Center.
Advocate Health Care – people are our inspiration, changing lives is our passion.